Representing the Hot Springs Middle School in a Positive, Respectful, Responsible, and Safe Way. What is Student Council?
Student Council is a student-based civic organization designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students.
Lisa Gaulke & Stacy Cope
Students participating in all levels of the Council will maintain a high standard of personal conduct. Council members will demonstrate leadership qualities by serving as good examples of behavior through their words and actions, by supporting and modeling the Bison B's.
All Council members will be expected to participate in approved activities, which will serve to enhance the quality of both the physical and behavior environment of the school.
The purpose of student council is:
Benefits of being involved in student council include: gain experience in public speaking, planning and executing school activities and community service projects, and learn how to make a positive impact on school and community environment. In addition, student council serves as a chance to meet new friends and work with a wide variety of people.
Objectives of the Student council are to:
- To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
- To promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- To improve student/faculty relationships.
- To improve school morale and general welfare.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.
Students must be very responsible people who are willing to work hard. As student council members you will be called to serve other students by representing their issues. The council does not have the power to change policies, only to voice student opinion.
- Provide a democratic form in which students can address those school related issues, which affect their lives.
- Maintain open communication between students and school staff.
- Train students in the duties and responsibilities of good citizenship.
Student council will be involved in many community minded projects:
- Community service. (ie. Food drives, recycling projects, hat & mitten drive, angel tree).
- Reporting grade level concerns
- Planning and executing school dances.
- Sponsoring a fundraiser to support middle school student council, middle school music, and middle school sports.