Hot Springs Middle School
Thursday, November 16, 2017
School Lunch: Turkey w/ Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Dinner Roll, Cookie, & Corn
Breakfast Monday: Breakfast Pizza, Fruit Variety, Juice & Milk Choices
ALL: Please don’t forget to bring lunch money to the office before 9:00. Thank YOU J
ALL: Remember the BISON B’s:
- Low noise volume using appropriate language
- Hats & hoods off
- Keep hallways clean
- Always have your agenda
- Enter, exit, & wait appropriately for each class
- Open and close lockers quietly
- Electronics off & out of sight
- Keep hands, feet and other body parts to yourself
- Walk on the right side
- Just a reminder: If you need to make a phone call during the day, please get your agenda signed by your teacher to come to the office to use the office phone. No phone calls in-between classes.
ALL: Please always remember to have your agenda and schedule with you. I will not be reissuing them. If you lose your agenda, it will be $5.00 for a new one.
ALL: STUDENTS NEED TO REMEMBER TO ENTER AND EXIT THE SCHOOL BUILDING THROUGH THEIR DESIGNATED GRADE DOOR.
REMINDER to ALL: Stay off the main football field during lunch/recess.
8th GRADE: NO FOOTBALLS AT ANY TIME UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ALL: The middle school & high school band & choir students that did not stop yesterday to pick up their Evergreen orders will need to pick them up after school TODAY in the Tays Center hallway. We have no way to keep them cool over the weekend – You are responsible for your customers’ orders.
All: Students please be aware that a mountain lion has recently been sighted in Hot Springs. The police department and conservation officers are aware and are doing their best to eliminate the possibility of a human encounter. However, all students should use caution when going near wooded areas in town. If you see a mountain lion, report it to an adult.
The following safety tips are recommended by Dept. of Game, Fish & Parks:
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU SEE A MOUNTAIN LION?
• Do not approach a mountain lion. Most wild animals will try to avoid a human confrontation. Give them a way to safely escape.
• Do not run from a mountain lion. Running may stimulate a mountain lion’s instinct to chase. Stand and face the animal. Make eye contact.
• Stay calm and speak loudly and firmly.
• Appear larger: raise your arms. Open your jacket if you are wearing one. Throw stones, branches, or whatever you can reach without crouching or turning your back. Wave your arms slowly. The idea is to convince the mountain lion that you may be a danger to it.
ALL: In honor of the holiday season and the giving and generous spirit that is associated with it, students may bring canned food items to the school library to wipe out their fines now until Christmas vacation begins. All donated food items will be taken to the local food pantry. Each can of food will cancel out $1.00 of fines. Many of you have had library fines for months. Please consider helping people in our community and taking care of you library responsibilities all at the same time. Thank you!!!
Student council members: On Monday, November 20th the Hot Springs Star will be taking a picture after school for the Thanksgiving Dinner baskets delivery. Please make arrangements if you would like to represent your civic organization.
ALL: Bison Breakaway Day – a fun time out of school as a reward for following the Bison B’s. Qualifying requirements will go from Oct. 25 – Dec. 19
- May not have more than 2 days of excused absences (no unexcused)
- No more than 2 blue slip write-ups
- No green slip write-ups
- No office referrals
- No Friday school assignment (after Oct. 27)
- May NOT have more than 2 tardies to 1st Hour
All qualifying requirements are at Mrs. Baker’s discretion.
ALL: The Student Council store will be open after school TOMORROW. Be sure to bring a little extra change/cash with you to purchase popcorn or other delicious goodies. The monies raised go for dances and back to the community.
11/16 – Midterms
11/18 – MS Wrestling @ Sturgis @ 9 AM (Depart at 6:15 AM from the Bison Center)
11/21 – MS GBB vs Douglas @ 4 PM
11/22 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
11/27 – Return to school
11/28 – MS GBB @ Chadron @ 4:30 PM
12/1 – 7 GBB @ Lead @ 2 PM
12/2 – MS Wrestling @ RC Central @ 8:30 AM; 8 GBB @ Lead @ 9 AM
12/5 – MS Wrestling @ Douglas @ 4:30 AM (Leave at 3 PM); MS GBB @ Edgemont @ 4 PM (Leave @ 3 PM)
12/8 – MS GBB @ STM @ 4:30 PM (Leave @ 3 PM)
12/9 – MS GBB Quad @ Sturgis @ 9 AM (Leave @ 6:45 AM)
12/12 – MS Wrestling – BHC @ Custer @ 4 PM; MS GBB @ Hermosa @ 4:30 PM (Leave @ 3:30 PM)