BDDH - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT BOARD MEETINGS
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT BOARD MEETINGS
The Board welcomes citizens of the district to attend its sessions so they may become better acquainted with the operation and programs of the schools.
In order to assure that citizens who wish to appear before the Board may be heard, and, at the same time, conduct its meetings properly and efficiently, the following procedures have been adopted:
- Any individual who desires to speak about an item on the agenda, must complete a Request to Address the Governing Board Form and submit to the Superintendent, the Business Manager or the Board President prior to the start of the meeting. Individuals will be called to speak during the public participation portion of the agenda.
- Persons, who wish to speak about an item that is not on the agenda, must complete a Request to Address the Governing Board Form and submit to the Superintendent, the Business Manager, or the Board President, prior to the beginning of the meeting. Individuals will be called to speak during the public participation portion of the agenda.
- If after filling out Requests to Address the Governing Board Form it is determined(by the board president) that there are more than five people desiring to speak about the same item either on the agenda or an item not on the agenda, those who have filled out a request will be asked to select no more than five individuals to address the board.
- Citizens, who desire Board action on an item not on the agenda, will submit the item to the Superintendent's office, at least 10 days prior to the meeting of the Board, at which they wish for the item to be considered.
- Presentations should be as brief as possible. Unless an extension of time is granted, a speaker will be limited to three minutes.
The Board vests in its President or other presiding officer, authority to terminate the remarks of any individual when they do not adhere to the rules established above.
Adopted: May 18, 1987
Revised: December 14, 1992
November 12, 2007
May 11, 2009
September 9, 2013
November 12, 2018