July 15, 2018
On behalf of the staff at Hot Springs Elementary School, I’m happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year!
Staff changes this year.
- Mrs. Merrill moved from a second grade teacher to a title 1 reading intervention teacher
- Mrs. Ramacher moved from a first grade teacher to a second grade teacher
- Ms. Black moved from a first grade teacher to a title 1 math intervention teacher
- Hired a new first grade teacher, Ms. Rachel Nilles
- Hired a new special education teacher, Miss Brianna Hanson
- Welcome Sam Weaver to the elementary as Literacy Coach
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Parent Teacher Association
- August 14, elementary open house, 5-7 pm, meet the teacher night
- August 20-23, first week of school 7:50 am – 1:30 pm, early release
- August 27-30, 7:50 am – 3:45 pm, regular school hours
- September 3, no school, Labor Day
- October 4 and 8, parent teacher conferences, 4:30-8 pm
The elementary playground is open in the morning beginning at 7:30 am. Please do not drop off your students before that time. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me, or discuss them with your child’s teacher. Also, the Student Code of Conduct can be found on the school website. The wonderful Hot Springs Elementary staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to another great school year!
Be sure and like our Hot Springs Elementary Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Facebook page for current updates and school information.
John R. Fitzgerald
Hot Springs School District 23-2 Elementary Principal
Office # 745-4149
Cell # (605) 441-0656